My Blog List

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Time to Catch Up - MARCH 2017

March is a month that gives us time to really enjoy all that our area has to offer, and some visitors from the North..

 My beloved Seabring convertible was having an issue with the top so we went to a shop recommended to us.  I was so surprised to walk into the place and find a perfect old time soda fountain on one side of the room.  Very like my folks' in the pharmacy where I grew up and worked from age 10 to 17.
 You just KNOW when "Surf's Up" and the surfers abandon their jobs to hit the waves.  This day they were at Wabasso Beach in full force.  Made for some nice photos.
 Meanwhile, Michigan had a big storm with lots of property damage.  I was actually lucky that this spruce tree in my back yard was all that I lost.  A lot of people lost roofs and siding and more.
Through Facebook I learned that this Sunday morning an old train station was being moved from Fort Pierce to Sebastian.  I was told that it had originally been in use in Sebastian, moved to Fort Pierce, and now coming home.  It was put into place on a side street in view of the water and will become a gift store.  

 This is Rusty's on the Port, one of our favorite places to eat.
 A huge new cruise ship heading out to sea from The Port of Canaveral.
The Disney Cruise ship also heading out.  Wednesdays and Sundays are the best days to see the big ships leaving for their cruises.
The alligators come and go as they move from pond to pond and lake to lake.  This is ours for now.

 Butch and Merna were such welcome guests!  They loved Outriggers restaurant as much as we do. 
Meanwhile, back North  The family helped celebrate Bob's birthday with a surprise birthday party near Toledo, near where Bob and Minda live. This is Bob with Gabby and Abby.
Butch and Mirna in the paddle boat on our lake in Florida
Dinner with Roman, Butch, Merna, Steve (and me) at Ocean Grill in Vero Beach.
While we were in Vero we saw this group of boys, with their chaperone just not so sure of the water.  I don't think most of them ever did get past their knees in the ocean.  They spoke some foreign language...German, maybe.


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Gabby Faye
Michigan, United States
View my complete profile

Followers