My Blog List

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Duck, Duck, WHAT?

Male Mallard

Ducks are a way of life in this community right on Lake Erie. They beg for bread, stomp on your feet while you feed them, swim in puddles, and have free run of the streets. No one would think of being irritated when you have to wait for a pair to cross the road.

I have had a pair of ducks swimming in my un
-opened swimming pool every year for the last 2 or 3 years, but never saw them in my garden before today. Not only were this pair tromping through the plants, the female came right up to the door wall begging. I ran to find a couple of pieces of bread and started tossing pieces on the ground for her. The male, meantime, had been alongside the house and chased her away from the bread. He didn't seem to want it for himself...just didn't trust me, I guess.
Female Mallard
Male Mallard

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Gabby Faye
Michigan, United States
View my complete profile

Followers