My Blog List

Blog Archive

Monday, February 11, 2013

Tablescaping for Fun and Photos



 I like to "Tablescape" especially in Florida with a nice new table and time to fuss over such things.  This one began with black chine, 4-piece settings for eight.  Although I bought the set from an estate sale in Port St. Lucie for $10, I recognized the china as being from Big Lots at about $3.00 a piece.  So 32 pieces for $10 was a bargain.  When I unpacked the dishes I discovered that one large plate was missing.  Still a bargain, but we went to the local Big Lots and they had ONE black plate left.  So now my place settings for 10 is complete.  I also bought 8 square white plates at Big Lots.  You can do so much with those. 

Also, from that same estate sale, I bought a black centerpiece bowl and candlesticks.



The heart placemats, cups, and flowers came from another trip to Big Lots.

I also "scaped" the breakfast bar.
Besides having fun doing this, it keeps me, and others, from plopping stuff down on the bar or table making the house look more "lived in" than I would like.

This arrangement will stay until the day after Valentines Day.  Then I will put everything away and start planning my St. Patrick's Day tables.

I don't usually photograph food, but we put together two big Botanas for the Superbowl.  They start with a layer of corn chips, topped with ground beef cooked with taco seasoning and re-fried beans.
The next layers are rather personal but we put in lots of cheese (Mexican mix), fresh sliced or chopped tomato, onion, green pepper, avacado, more cheese and back in the broiler for a minute or less.  Top with salsa and lots of sour cream.  With a beer it was perfect for watching an exciting Superbowl.


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Gabby Faye
Michigan, United States
View my complete profile

Followers